Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Q: How long does it take for a telemarketer to hang up after you put down the phone?

A: A mere 2.28 minutes.

I just got rang up by a telemarketer. I said "Hello" and there was silence. The silence. The one that is followed by a telemarketer. Some people hate them. Okay, most if not all people, hate them but I don't. "Hello how are you to-?" I got all excited. 'Yes Yes Yes!" What to do? What to do? There must literally be thousands of tricks and things and conversations trading 'war stories' of a particularly clever battle. Actually I heard that over in the U.S the government put restrictive orders on them. And you know what? They told them over the phone during tea time! :D
Anyway, I randomly chose the 'put phone down and time how long it takes' one. Apparently they're not allowed to hang up. Needless to say, I was disappointed with this telemarketer and am considering my legal options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Nathan. Do you think anybody has sympathy for telemarketers?

RC said...

how funny...

2.28 minutes...that just doesn't seem long enough.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com