Monday, August 07, 2006

1300309988: Is your child interested in fire?

On Friday Mr. Mac set homework for us: dress up as someone from the middle ages and do a 2 minute talk about it. The only clothes that sprang to mind as I was thinking about it was a silk bathrobe Dad has that I used to use all the times for these sort of things. Being a bit more of a perfectionist these days, I didn't really want to do that until it struck me! Be a noble who just got out of bed! So I did that and got a birthday candle to be my lamp. All sorts of things happened because of that but most importantly it meant that fire was in the back of mind. Anyway, a friend of mine that goes on my bus had found a mobile phone just before he got on the bus- a really good one. So he did the right thing and handed it in at the police station curious (and bored), I followed.

So, just in case that confuised you, here's a re-cap:

-Fire is on my mind
-I am stading in the police station

Hate notes they make you sound like you waffle on.

Anyway, I was standing in the Police Station and noticed a poster: Is your child interested in fire?
And it had a picture of a kid with a lighted match in his hand.
Naturally the first thing that came to my hyper-active mind was: Pyromaniac Anomous.
This really made me curious so I asked the policeman about it but he didn't seem to know a great deal. So I went home but my curiosity grew so I got changed, grabbed my mobile and headed back to the police station. I copied the number so now it is stored on my mobile. I can ring phones on my computer so I tried that but it hung up straight away so I got my mobile and rang it but I got the answering machine: Hello, this is the Juvenile Fire intervention... So I hung up and looked it up online (but first I wrote this). Hopefully I can catch someone so I can ask them.

To Be Continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So whats the continuation? Have you been arrested? How did the school presentation go?

C.J.M. said...

Well the Police Station poster sent you in a different direction to what it was meant.
What were you going to say if the P.A person answered the phone?