Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Life Goals

This morning, my Dad beat me 9-8 in Table Soccer. This, needless to say, suprised me alot. However, I reasoned that I should not be upset because:

a) we were both tired (it was 10:00 am for crying outloud) but me more so because Dad usually wakes up at 6:00 am or whatever.

b) This means that neither of us were performing at our peaks, and the game could of gone either way.

c) Considering the amount of times we have played it, I suppose losing was only a matter of time (that fact was not processed until today).

d) I blocked the memory temporarily from my mind (so one wonders why the heck I'm writing this down).

BUT, more importantly, today I completed a life goal of mine- to beat Dad 9-nil (somehow he always seems to get that cruical one point in there). That is one of my life goals among:

1/. Slam dunk (nearly there :D )

2/. Save up my money so I can buy Medieval Total War 2 (for PC) as soon as it comes out

3/. Watch Pirates of the Caribean A.S.A.P when it comes out.

4/. Make Revelations in (mostly) CGI like Noah's Ark (but better than that).

5/. Finish the story I have started writing

6/. Sell a copy of THE FLOOD over this blog (i.e: YOU buying it)

7/. I do have others but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. If you watch this space one day this sentence and the last will magically disappear and be replaced with my other life goals.

Wow, that was a pretty deep blog.

1 comment:

C.J.M. said...

Well done Nathan on your 9 nil victory. I could make excuses, but I am trying to model appropriate sporting behaviour for you.