Wednesday, July 19, 2006

AFL

Sorry that I haven't been doing a blog recently (I got a new game that takes up my time on the computer). Importantly, I went to the AFL Brisbane Lions vs. Kangaroos match. They started off worryingly (in my 'third person' perspective) as they started out on a pattern I didn't like and usually meant they lost. They were down about 26 points by the first quarter. The second quarter mistakes started appearing in the Kangaroo's play, with them apparently changing tactics regardless whatever they were doing was working before, but it wasn't a big enough deal for us to start winning, but we did improve the margin. Then in the third quarter lot's of mistakes started happening, they were kicking it aroud 50m when they could of just gone for the shot and ending up excatly within 5m where they started, and the amount of times the ball hit the post (usually doesn't happen very often and gives 1 point not 6) was hilarious, they must of done it at least 5 times. However, the Kangaroo's managed to stay in front. But then, late in the last quarter, the Lions manged to take the lead for the first time and keep it in a one point thriller, with good old tall-a-hec-of-alot Akermanis kicking 3 goals late in the game.

Note: For the record, I have confirmed that the last time Essendon won a footy game was indeed April Fool's Day and they still haven't won a game since. I think they have now set a record for the most games lost in a row for Essendon.

3 comments:

Carolanne said...

Your critique on the AFL game is very cultural and sure to have non-AFL supporters and those on the other side of the world bemused, confused and a trifle puzzled.
Aussie Rules Footy is not everyone's cup of tea, you know.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not my cup of tea. In fact pretty much no sport is my cup of tea.

However, interestingly enough I was a fan of the Kangaroos footy team back when I was probably about your age, Nathan.

Wendy

delwynnehughes said...

You don't mention how the tigers are going? whenI was at R.E. today at Aberfeldie the children were all dressed up in their sports gear for a sports day.They were all excited. The one most excited was the boy dressed in his Italian soccer top. How is your mobile going?